Saturday, February 2, 2008

What Dreams May Come - Richard Matheson

I saw the movie a long time ago. I remembered it being a really good movie, although dark and twisty. After my experience with another of Matheson's books/movies - "I Am Legend" (see recent reiveiw), I was a little apprehensive about reading this book. I had no need to worry.

Yes, it is dark and twisty at times, but a good read. There is a lot that differs between this book and the movie, but both are worth the time. While the book chronicles the journey of one man, through what can only be easily described as "hell", it is ultimately a love story as well, as he does this willingly, in search of his beloved wife. In the end, it does what so many books do, it encourages us to examine ourselves, and be the best people we can be.

No comments: